Saturday, December 19, 2009

Life Experience Bucket List

1. Started your own blog~Yes.
2. Slept under the stars~Yes!
3. Played in a band~Nope, but I sang in choir.
4. Visited Hawaii~Lived in Hawaii in 1999.
5. Watched a meteor shower~Nope, but I want to!
6. Given more than you can afford to charity~Nope, whenever I've donated I could afford it.
7. Been to Disneyland~Yes!
8. Climbed a mountain~No, unless you include Skinner's Butte, Spencer's Butte, and almost making it to Camp Muir on Mt. Raineer.
9. Held a praying mantis~No. But I've held ants, snakes, and a monitor!
10. Sang a solo~Yes, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
11. Bungee jumped~NO way!
12. Visited Paris~Not yet, someday!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea~No, but that would be amazing!
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch~Yes.
15. Adopted a child~No, but that might be in the cards.
16. Had food poisoning~Yes, I think I have but I can't prove it.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty~No, I've never been to New York.
18. Grown your own vegetables~Yes, in my parents' gardens.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France~Not yet.
20. Slept on an overnight train~No, never been on a train. :-(
21. Had a pillow fight~Yes! Who hasn't?
22. Hitch hiked~Yes, once in Corvallis and a few times in Hawaii. I used to pick them up too but I've quit all these foolish practices.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill~Um, duh! Who hasn't done this?
24. Built a snow fort~No, but I helped build a giant snowman in Irma's yard one January when we got snowed in as a family. That was a fantastic weekend!
25. Held a lamb~No, but that would be sweet.
26. Gone skinny dipping~Yes! And I love it!
27. Run a Marathon~No, and it would be a miracle if I ever did that.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice~Not yet!
29. Seen a total eclipse~Yes. In middle school with Myrna Hoopes at Cottage Grove Lake.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset~Yes, both, many times.

31. Hit a home run~No, but I think it would be cool to do that!
32. Been on a cruise~No, not yet. I'd LOVE to go on a cruise to Alaska.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person~Nope, but I know people who have.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors~Nope. I've not been to England or Scotland yet.
35. Seen an Amish community~Does Mennanite count? There are a few near Monmouth.
36. Taught yourself a new language~I was taking Spanish courses and dropped them. I decided immersion is a better option for me.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied~No, not exactly.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person~Not yet.
39. Gone rock climbing~I tried to get fitted in a harness once at REI and it was extremely painful. Maybe after I lose 100 pounds!
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David~Not yet. But I cannot wait to see it!
41. Sung karaoke~Yes, but only twice. The first time was in 2005 and it was horrifying. The second time was last month with Daniel. It was easy singing "From this Moment" by Shania Twain to him.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt~Nope, I've never been to Yellowstone or Yosemite.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant~No, but once Kristina and I bought a stranger groceries on the way home from a stake dance.
44. Visited Africa~No, Africa scares me although I'm taking a West African Literature class and really enjoying the reading and learning about the culture of that region. However, I still do not want to visit.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight~Yes. Its INCREDIBLY romantic.
46. Been transported in an ambulance~Yes, a few times, sadly.
47. Had your portrait painted~No, but I've had my portrait done with charcoal at the mall.
48. Gone deep sea fishing~Not yet, the charter Dad booked one summer sunk the week before we were on it within the jetty. So we haven't tried since.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person~No.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris~No.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling~No. But I would love to do it.
52. Kissed in the rain~Yes. I love that. Its romantic.
53. Played in the mud~Yes, I love playing in the mud. We used to do mud football in high school for church activities at Cottage Grove Lake.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater~Yes, my first one was Jungle Book when I was about 5.
55. Been in a movie~Nope.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China~Not yet but someday I will hike it!
57. Started a business~Yes, Mary Kay.
58. Taken a martial arts class~No.
59. Visited Russia~No, but Daniel has.
60. Served at a soup kitchen~No. I should probably do that sometime.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies~No, but I like to eat them.
62. Gone whale watching~Not yet.
63. Got flowers for no reason~No, but I think it would be a lovely surprise.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma~Yes, back in high school before I started taking anti-depressants.
65. Gone sky diving~No.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp~No, but I think I'd like to do that someday, probably Auschwitz. It would be very emotional.
67. Bounced a check~Once.
68. Flown in a helicopter~Not yet.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy~Yes! I have a homemade carebare my Mom made me for my fifth birthday and a homemade cabbage patch doll my Made made for Christmas when I was really little. I adore them!
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial~Not yet.
71. Eaten Caviar~Yes, on a cracker with cream cheese and I liked it.
72. Pieced a quilt~Yes, in church and with my grandmother.
73. Stood in Times Square~Not yet.
74. Toured the Everglades~Not yet.
75. Been fired from a job~Nope, never!
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London~Not yet.
77. Broken a bone ~Yes, unfortunately in 2004 I broke my tibia, fibula and talus in a car accident.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle~No. I'm too scared! But I've ridden on a scooter.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person~Yes. Amazing!
80. Published a book~Not yet!
81. Visited the Vatican~No.
82. Bought a brand new car~No, and I probably never will, I plan to always buy used.
83. Walked in Jerusalem~No but Ryan and Valerie have.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper~No, but I've been quoted.
85. Read the entire Bible~No, but I read the entire Book of Mormon once.
86. Visited the White House~Not yet, but I'd like to picket in front of it someday.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating~I've fished and then watched Daniel clean them for me. Lol.
88. Had chickenpox~Yes. Scott and I had it at the same time and my Dad got shingles. It was awful.
89. Saved someone’s life~Yes, once babysitting.
90. Sat on a jury~Yes, at Peer Court in high school.
91. Met someone famous~Velvet and I passed and smiled at Delroy Lindo at a Museum in SoCal.
92. Joined a book club~No but I would like to.
93. Got a tattoo~Yes, and its in good taste and well placed.
94. Had a baby~No, but I hope to someday!
95. Seen the Alamo in person~Not yet.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake~No, but I've swam in Cottage Grove Lake, Dorena Lake, Clear Lake, Diamond Lake, Waldo Lake, Redfish Lake, Swan Lake, Foys Lake, Lake McDonald, St. Mary's Lake, Lake Powell, and many rivers!
97. Been involved in a lawsuit~No but I wanted to sue the county for my car accident, long story.
98. Owned a cell phone~Yes, since 2001 I've been with T-Mobile and they have rewarded me for my loyalty with unlimited calling!
99. Been stung by a bee~Yes, but just a few times.
100. Read an entire book in one day~Yes, although I cannot remember what or when.

1 comment: