Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Why is my heart so heavy tonight? Is it all the unfinished business in my life? Relationships, projects, changes. Both good and bad. Challenging and fun too. Is it nutritionally based? Is there something harmful growing inside of me? Am I falling into madness by choice or by default? Some things we feel in life are inevitable…loneliness, sadness, emptiness, confusion, a lot of things that we’ve just got to accept are normal things we’ll have to feel and experience in life. Do I worry? Yes, I worry. I become more like my parents all the time. I worry about my baby sister’s hurts and my baby brother’s hurts. I worry about my boyfriend and his friends. I worry about my professors and their health. I worry if I’m going to get in an accident on my way to school. I worry if I’ll get food poisoning. I worry that someone will think badly of me although I often think badly of myself. So what is it that I really want to abate all of these hurts, these confusions? What do I think will give me clarity of mind? Solutions. Not drugs. Altered behaviors not judgments. Gentleness coupled with honesty. Kindness and sincerity. Generosity. Those things I give out which I hope to get back—making myself available emotionally to my friends and loved ones. Hope they can do that for me. Especially when I’m going mad inside because life keeps overwhelming me with hardball after hardball. Sometimes I'd like to just step out of the batting cage to get a breath. A little relief is in order. So yeah, I know I need therapy and friendship, and love and support and a lot of other things. Keep me in your prayers please people.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Liesl, I can relate about the worries. I'm a big worrier too. I'll keep you in my prayers. We love you very much, you know, and want you to be happy and fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep you in my prayers to Liesl. We love you and are always thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll make it baby! I promise! You're on the right track and you are stronger than you think! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send your positive intentions out to the universe. The universe will answer back. Sometimes we have hard things happen because we have unfinished business. Once you take care of what is difficult now, down the road that which is difficult will become easy for you. I know all this from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea actually wrote that comment not Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey beautiful... it's normal for us to worry. That's part of the gift we have of empathy. I know it is a burden sometimes, but your love stretches out to everyone and you can choose to feel it back. Do you? I recently started an anti-anxiety pill just to try it out because of my anxiousness and worries and it's helped out! Therapy as you know is always good too! I love you muchly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, so sorry to hear you were/are having a tough time. Hang in there. And don't be afraid to step out and take a breath whenever you need to.

    ReplyDelete