Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Meet My Love.



I'd like to introduce to you: Daniel Edward McLaughlin. Opera singer extraordinaire! He's on tour right now with Portland Opera To Go doing a production of Rossini's Cinderella. That's my man, Dan, in the middle.

Daniel was born in Mississippi to Regina Carlin and Roy McLaughlin, raised in Lake Charles, Louisiana, which he considers his hometown. He was an adolescent in Gainesville, Florida where he attended middle and high school. He went to Huntingdon College in Montgomery, Alabama where he earned his Bachelor's Degree in Vocal Performance and was a fraternity boy with Kappa Sigma. In college he met his lifelong friend, Amanda Lattin, who is a lovely woman I'm happy to know. Thanks to her friendship and local operatic opportunities, Dan came west. He now resides in Portland, Oregon.

As you can imagine, he is a *southern boy* through and through. He has the cutest accent, talks funny, tells interesting jokes, has cordial manners to boot, and is a big Gators fan. I love him for it. With him I'm "spoilt rawtun"!

On our first date, (which is a whole other blog), Daniel brought me a dozen pink roses, and he was my sous chef for our homemade Indian feast. After dinner I was lucky enough to be sung to. I melted into his voice as he sang me a Ballad from an Italian opera and an intensely passionate song from a French opera; I truly enjoyed the experience.

Daniel and I spent New Years with his best friend Amanda and her husband, Paul. We had a lovely time. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the Lattins and their little sweetheart son, Noah. (Apparently, he's my biggest fan right now--celebrity status.)

This weekend for my early Valentine's Day present Daniel got me a Build-A-Bear. Inside the little bear, who I've named Danny Bear, is a sweet message Daniel recorded for me. My Danny Bear is my little friend to cuddle when Daniel is away on tour. I love my bear!!!!

So there is so much more to come, but I wanted you to meet my love. My Daniel.

9 comments:

  1. It's great baby! I'm so flattered! I can't believe you did this! Thank you baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to know you have found so much joy in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww pink roses?! That is amazing! He looks wonderful. More than anything, it sounds like he knows what a wonderful person he has in his life. DANIEL, YOU HIT THE JACKPOT. This woman is INCREDIBLE! (i think you know that though, don't you)?
    Liesl, you are my sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liesl,
    I'm so happy for you. Daniel sounds wonderful. I can't wait to meet him. Thanks for creating a blog. It is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! I hope you guys come down to visit Eugene soon so I can meet him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for your new blog! Daniel sounds like quite the catch. Glad you're doing well and are so happy with life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniel is lucky to have a girlfriend who posts such nice things about him. Heehee... Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog, Liesl. We had a fun weekend--thanks for baking the delicious cookies. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete